Tuesday 23 October 2012

It's Here!

This morning I woke up to see this......


 
And wearing these...
 


made the drive to work through this...


somewhat brighter.  New mittens (especially colourful ones) seem to help make winter's dreariness a bit better.  I finished these a couple weeks ago, and (luckily!) hadn't had an opportunity to wear them yet.  They are loosely based on the Ephemera pattern and are knit out of handspun yarn.  The yarn was spun from a gorgeous, amazing batt that I picked up this summer from the awesome Electrictree Yarns in Kamloops, B.C.

2 comments:

  1. Would you believe that today it is 80 degrees here and by Thursday around noon it will be 45? Thursday through Sunday the temps will be in the low 20's at night at 40's by day! I can hardly wait for snow. We only got 3" last year and that is just unheard of in this part of the country! I have been wanting a good mitten pattern, so I printed this one! I have four hat/cowl sets done for Christmas, but want to add mittens to each of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your 80 degrees! If I could, I'd send you our snow. ;)

    ReplyDelete